Just look at the course of the last few years of your life. Have you noticed that you are gaining weight around the mid-section? Have you noticed that everytime that you go to the doctor, you blood pressure is a little bit higher? Also, have you noticed that your cholesterol is starting to creep up? Even more startling to many is that your doctor tells you that your blood sugar is borderline!
This can be scary stuff. So, what does it mean? If this is occuring in your life, make no mistake that your health DOES need to be reformed! Going into the holiday season, the average person will gain any where from 5 to 15 pounds of FAT! This does not have to happen to you! So, what can you do to prevent this from occuring? There are a few simple things that you can do:
1. Make sure that you always have protein when you eat. For every 15 grams of carbohydrates that you consume, you should have at least 7 grams of protein.
2. Make sure that you “take the trash out daily.” When I speak of this, I am talking about regular bowel movements. If you are not having regular bowel movements, you will need to incrase your fiber and also replace the harmful bacteria with healthy bacter. You might just need a probiotic!
3. Monitor under the hood – in other words, you should know what your functional laboratory test results are currently – don’t led disease slip up on you!
4. Limit the amount of processed carbohydrates that you eat. The more breads, pastas, and convenience foods that you eat, the higher your cardiometabolic risks.
5. Limit the amount of saturated fats and the trans fats that you eat each day. You don’t need them!
6. Make sure that you eat a lot of fiber –this will typically come in raw or steamed vegetables. Sure, you don’t like them now if you typically consume a ton of processed food. But, you need these phytonutrients! Make sure you get what GOD has supplied for your needs. Eat your veggies
7. Keep the glycemic index LOW. You should only consume carbohydrates that have a low-glycemic index (<55).
8. Eat a low-inflammation diet: Fruits with proteins, vegetables, and less processed food. If you are achey all over, feel tired, irritable, and hormonally out of balance – you are! It all starts with inflammation! You don’t have to be inflammed. You put out fire by a fire extenquisher! For the average person, this will mean that you will have a high cortisol level. This high cortisol level will increase your belly fat. Then we get in a vicious cycle. So, make those changes. You know the that definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over yet expecting different results.
Okay, over the next few days, I am going to attach an article on Holiday Eating Suggestions for 2012. Please look for it!
Remember, you can go to the HOME page of this website and download your FREE eBook that I wrote that is currently on Amazon.com! So, go get it! It might just save your life!
To your health,